Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cost of Riasing kid vs. its Joy

Raising a kid to age of 17 --before college costs $221,000. I have four children and it is going to be about a million dollars. Jeremiah was born about 6 weeks ago, and these day my wife and I are sleep deprived. I had a conversation with a church member about having kids. He was saying that having kids are good, but what comes with is a big of challenge; of course financial challenges, whole deal of raising infant--lack of sleep, carrying a diaper bag, crying.... what some people around me are saying is that they want to have kids, but they don;t want to go through those challenges. I tend to think that life itself is a challenge. Though at times it is tough to raise kids, but it is a huge blessing and pleasure to be a father. As I see my kids growing up, playing with them, I am indeed grateful to the Lord for such blessing.

No comments: